When sweltering summer days cause residents of Boston, New York, and Hartford to head for the hills, take heart. There is no need to sacrifice the arts just because you’ve escaped from the city. It is simple to experience great theatre, dance, and music during a summer getaway at our Lenox MA Bed and Breakfast.
The Williamstown Theatre Festival, founded in 1955, is just one example of the superlative arts found in the Massachusetts Berkshires. The festival runs from June 22 to August 28, 2011.
Williamstown Theatre Festival2011 Summer Schedule:
- Three Hotels, by Jon Robin Baitz (June 19 – July 24)
- A Streetcar Named Desire, by Tennesee Williams (June 22 – July 3)
- She Stoops to Conquer, by Oliver Goldsmith (July 27 – August 7)
- One Slight Hitch, by Lewis Black (July 6 – 17)
- Ten Cents a Dance, by John Doyle (August 11 – 28)
- A Doll’s House, by Henrik Ibsen (July 20 – 31)
- Touch(ed), by Bess Wohl (August 3 – 14)
- You Better Sit Down: tales from my parents’ divorce, directed by Anne Kauffman (August 16 – 21)
The Williamstown Theatre Festival is located in Williamstown, approximately one hour from our Berkshires Bed and Breakfast. Spend the afternoon lounging by the pool before your night at the theatre.
Find the complete festival schedule at Williamstown Theatre Festival.