- 6 large Macintosh Apples, Peeled and cored
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 4 Tablespoons seedless raisins
- 4 Tablespoons Firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons light cream or ½ and ½
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Cold Maple Syrup
Preheat over to 400 degrees. Butter 6 individual over proof baking cups. Place one apple in each cup.
Mix together chopped walnuts, chopped raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 Tsp melted butter and cream.
Divide mixture evenly in the apples, pressing some well into the core and heaping the rest one top of each apple.
Pour 1 Tables spoon melted butter and 2 Tablespoons maple syrup over each filled apple.
Bake for 35-40 mins until apples are tender but still hold there shape.
Let cool to warm serve with a dollop of soft whipped cream and a dribble of cold maple syrup on each.