One of the best parts of summer at our Bed and Breakfast Berkshires is the Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival. If you hope to witness it in 2012–the 80th anniversary of the festival–it’s time to start making plans.
The line-up at Jacob’s Pillow is always superlative. Highlights in 2012 include:
- Opening Dance Party, with performances by CIRCA, Mimulus, David Halberg, and others, and dancing by all.
- Morphoses World Premier. Arresting visuals, gorgeous dancing, and a new score. Fabulous.
- Mimulus. An exciting blend of samba, contemporary dance, and imaginative visuals design.
- Leesaar The Company. A “gutsy, brainy modern-dance troupe” (from The New York Times).
- The Men Dancers: From the Horse’s Mouth. A unique, extraordinary event.
- Jonah Bokaer x David Hallberg. A rare opportunity to see some of today’s most extraordinary artists in an intimate setting.
- Doug Elkins and Friends’ Fräulein Maria. An uproarious deconstruction of Rodgers and Hammersteins musical The Sound of Music.
As always, there will be free outdoor performances by the dancers of The School at Jacob’s Pillow every Wednesday through Saturday at 6:25 p.m.
It’s impossible to go wrong at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, for every performance is worth seeing. The setting is beautiful, the art extraordinary. It’s the perfect place to spend a summer evening.