If you enjoy antiques shopping, you’ll be happy to learn that there are a number of excellent Berkshires antiques shops nearby Applegate Inn. So many, in fact, that it would be easy to spend days visiting them all!
There’s nothing quite like antiques shopping.
With other shopping, you have a list or an idea of what you’re after and you simply go in and grab it. Antiques shopping is more like treasure hunting. You may have some idea of what you’d like to find – but you have no real idea what you will find. Often the best items are those you had no idea existed before you found and bought them!
A good portion of the joy of antiques shopping, then is surprise. We think you’ll be surprised by the variety of Berkshires antiques stores. Applegate Inn’s central location in Lee, MA makes getting to them a snap.
Follow along with us as we visit some of the most popular antique stores near our Berkshires inn.
Read the rest of this page »
You’ve shopped for others, now shop for yourself.
The Massachusetts Berkshires are home to dozens of antique stores, some small and crammed with every kind of knickknack and collectible imaginable, others large, sparse, and elegant. Avid antiquers have spent months–no, years–perusing the shops and galleries that surround our Berkshires Inn. Regardless of what is found, the hunt itself is exciting.
Antiquing ignites passion.
The thrill of discovering something long sought makes hearts pump faster. The thrill of finally finding that perfect antique table, or a rare piece of china, can have the same effect. This is especially true when antiquing with someone you love.
Sheffield, Massachusetts, the “Antiques Capital of the Berkshires” is less than twenty miles south of our Berkshires B and B in Lee. After a leisurely breakfast at the inn, you’ll have plenty of energy for a day of browsing.
- Check out the great selection of old American clocks at Dovetail Antiques (440 Sheffield Plain).
- You’ll find amazing furniture at Susan Silver Antiques. Susan Silver is a woman who freely admits that antiques make her heart race; visit her store.
- Antiques are artfully placed throughout an 1815 colonial that is Painted Porch Country Antiques.
- Corner House Antiques specializes in American antique wicker furniture from 1870-1930.
- Cupboards and Roses is the best place in the Berkshires to find Swedish antiques and Scandinavian folk art.
These are just a few of the many antique stores in Sheffield and elsewhere in the Berkshires. But antiquing is a bit like wine tasting; you don’t want to do too much in one day. Instead, plan to return to our Berkshires Bed and Breakfast again and again.