Our response to COVID-19
The safety and well-being of our guests and staff are the highest priority at Applegate Inn. As we navigate our way through the COVID-19 virus we have implemented certain measures, policies and procedures that have elevated our already high standards of cleanliness to safeguard our guests and staff at the Inn.
Guests will be required to contact the Innkeepers 24 hours prior to arrival for a check-in Screening.
- Semi Self Check-In: Upon arrival guests will be greeted in the lobby, adhering to social distancing protocols while highlights of the Inn’s amenities, activities and safety protocols will be reviewed
- Staff will be required to wear masks & gloves at all times. Guests will be required to wear masks in common areas of the Inn.
- Pre-disinfected keys will be given to guests in sealed plastic bags
- All room doors will be closed and locked to prevent anyone entering the room prior to your arrival
- All rooms will be cleaned and disinfected using a high-power disinfectant cleaner.
- Washable laundry bags will be provided in all rooms to place used towels
- Guests showing symptoms will be kindly asked to check out at any point during their stay
HOUSEKEEPING / STAFF
- Staff has an increased hand-washing schedule throughout the day
- To avoid excess contact, no daily housekeeping of guest rooms for stays of 3 nights or less
- Added amenities & towels will be provided in the room – more available on request
- Additional cleaning will be done in public areas throughout the day, including door handles, light switches, railings
- Hand sanitizers will be available in the front foyer and the screened porch
- Expanded continental breakfast: Cereal, fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, & juice can be requested. Muffins & other baked goods will also be available
- Individual coffee carafes, sugar packets, creamers will be available
- Breakfast hours will be extended as necessary to control the number of guests at one time. Social distancing between tables will be maintained
- Room keys should be left in the room
- Remaining balances will be charged to the credit card on file
- Tables, chairs and loungers have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing
- Swimming pool will be open with social distancing required
- Our 6 acres enables guests to safely picnic, stroll, recline on the property while maintaining social distance
Please, if anyone is feeling unwell or you might have been in a situation where you may have been exposed to COVID-19 – please stay home. We understand what a difficult time this is. By being careful and vigilant, we will protect ourselves and those around us.
SPECIAL COVID-19 CANCELATION POLICY:
If you are feeling unwell or concerned about being exposed to the virus please email us at email@example.com to cancel your reservation. We request that you provide 72 hours advanced notice.
Deposits taken for canceled reservations may be applied to future stays, provided as a no-expiration gift certificate or be refunded if you are unable to reschedu
- Minimum Stays – On weekends, a 2 night stay is required during the months of June, September, and October at our bed and breakfast in the Berkshires. Likewise, a two night weekend stay is required in November through May in guestrooms with fireplaces and on all 3-day holiday weekends throughout the year. A 3 night stay is necessary on all weekends during the months of July and August. There are times when scheduling allows shorter stays at our Berkshires MA bed and breakfast.
- Deposits – A one-night deposit is expected for one night booking. 50% of the stay is required for stays of 2 of more nights. The full payment is due if guests arrive after and/or depart before the original dates specified on the reservation at our bed and breakfast in the Berkshires region of Massacusetts.
- Cancellations – For cancellations with at least 14 days notice (30 days in July and August) prior to arrival date, deposits will be refunded less a $50 cancellation fee (10% of the total visit in July & August with a minimum of $50) per guestroom. With less than 14 days notice (30 days in July & August) your deposit is forfeit. Payment is obliged for the entire scheduled visit, even if circumstances cause you to arrive late or leave early. These are the cancellation policies for our Berkshires Bed and Breakfast.
- Check in is 2:00 PM and check out is 11:00 AM.
- Personal checks, cash, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and AMEX are accepted. An 11.7% Room Tax will be added to the rate and a 3% Property fee.
- Prices are based on two persons in an accommodation, an extra person in an accommodation is $40.00 per evening in all rooms including the Cottage at our bed and breakfast in the Berkshires.
- While guests over 12 years of age are always welcome, we also accept younger children in certain suites.
- We too love animals, but we must enforce a “no pet” policy.
- Smoking is not permitted indoors at Applegate.
- To order an Applegate gift certificate, click here.